A friend of mine today said that his New Year’s Resolution would be to get a dog. After roundly trouncing his decision on Facebook, I thought to myself a resolution is merely a conviction – it’s a promise to yourself. It doesn’t have to be anything life changing or particularly self improving, although one might argue dog-owning is a form of self-improvement.
So I did some thinking about a New Year’s resolution, and here’s what I came up with:
I only need the following:
1. Alex O’Loughlin (in the mood for some plowing, obviously)
2. Scott Caan (Alex O’Loughlin’s gift-with-purchase)
Unf. One wonders what’s holding those shorts up.
3. Jake Johnson from “New Girl”
4. An inflatable kiddie pool, of reasonable size (natch)
5. Enough creamed corn to fill it.
6. Christina Hendricks in character as Joan Holloway from “Mad Men”.
I will require 1, 2, and 3 to fill 4 with 5 and wrestle in it, refereed by 6, in order to win:
7. My favor.
I promise to act amused.
Friends, set the wheels in motion. I have spoken my
decree resolution, and we’ve got a year (or 354 days if you believe the Mayans) to do it. Chop chop.